Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A New Year - 2011

December nearly killed me, but yet here I am, still singing. Most of what I performed in December was half prepared, I must admit, and as I became more and more tired, it got worse and worse. But, I a quite proud of my performance of "Come Unto Him" at the Messiah Sing-a-long.

As the year turns to 2011, I have a few musical endeavors up my sleeve. Of course, I continue to be a part of CCOC's educational outreach program (www.ccityopera.com). I also am still singing with the Michael O'Neal Singers and Chamber Singers (www.mosingers.com).

The Michael O'Neal Chamber Singers will present "Gloria: Expressions of Joy" on February 13 at Alpharetta Presbyterian at 3PM. It is just what it sounds like, a collection of Gloria's by various composers. We will repeat the program on February 15 at Peachtree Presbyterian at 7:30PM. The Michael O'Neal Singers are preparing the Brahms' Requiem with full orchestra on March 13 at RUMC at 3PM.

I am working with the opera club to learn the role of Juliette in Romeo and Juliette. When we are prepared, we will host a performance.

I am soon going to be teaching chorus and private lessons at the Shreiner Academy. I am very excited to be able to mold these young people in their musical education and to give them tools they can use for the rest of their lives.

No comments: