Sunday, April 11, 2010

Amber Brooke - mom/singer/construction worker

Since The Reminiscents' gig on March 20, it appears I have ceased to be a singer and become a construction worker! Now after finishing remodeling the master bathroom and the laundry room (really, I did it myself), it's time to get a manicure and do some practicing. I don't have many performances in the next little while, so it's a great time to prepare for what is coming.

In May, the Michael O'Neal Singers will be performing America's Heartland: Celebrating Our Heritage on Friday, May 14 at 8PM at RUMC. They will also be performing Hear the Future: 2nd Annual MOS Invitational Music Festival on Sunday, April 25 at 3 PM where they will be singing the Vivaldi Gloria again. Unfortunately, I am unable to attend that concert so won't be able to do that solo again. What a shame! I encourage you to check out what MOS is doing all year and buy season tickets at www.mosingers.com. It is the best large choir in the area next to the Atlanta Symphony Chorus and very reasonable to attend.

In June, I'll be doing Dinner and a Diva on the third Tuesday of the month at Petite Auberge and the following Thursday at Sugo. Also in June, we will be doing the 2nd Father's Day concert at the Alba's home. Two years ago, this was a wonderful time to hear the talents and enjoy the company of our friends. This is a free event if anyone would like to attend. I'll be singing some more popular music. On June 26th, I'll be participating in the 2nd Annual Sing for Christ. I'll be singing with my church choir as well as doing a set on my own. I'm thinking of doing some Sandi Patti or something like that. This is also free to all and all are welcome. I'll send out more information about it when I know.

July will bring the annual fundraiser for Capitol City Opera. We are only doing one night this year of Rogers and Hammerstein so hopefully the audience will come out to support us. It is a picnic dinner and concert. Buy a whole table and bring your family and friends!

In August, I will begin rehearsals for Tartuffe which will be performed at Oglethorpe University in September.

Many of you have asked me about Broadway for the Ridiculously High Soprano and I appreciate that. It has been innordinately difficult to schedule this performance because of Allen's busy schedule and all the school holidays and vacations and such; however, we are keeping our fingers crossed for a date in November. I am trying to convince Jenny Rawson to join me in a duet recital of English music with Purcell, Handel, Stephen Foster, Copeland, Bernstein, and some musical theatre. Hopefully, it will come together and we may do that in November instead and keep putting the Broadway concert off a little longer.

After that, it's back to Michael O'Neal for the next season and whatever else comes along for Capitol City Opera and The Reminiscents. We are looking for gigs for The Reminiscents if anyone has any ideas. Feel free to recommend us. www.thereminiscents.com

No comments: