Friday, September 5, 2008

Upcoming in September

I am looking forward to many things this month. First, I'm being auctioned off at a fundraiser for Capitol City Opera. We'll see how much my "O mio babbino caro" is worth? The winner gets to take me to dinner. I hope they realize my husband is coming along and this is not by any means a date. Second, the Michael O'Neal Chamber Singers are returning to the Rabun Gap Music Festival for the second year in a row. I have performed on this music festival almost every year since its inception with one group or another, including one year when they hired me to form my own group. I hired four other singers and put together my "Finales" concert which the audience loved. This year, we're doing our "Laughter is the Best Medicine" concert. I'm trying to decide if I should sing "Simple Joys of Maidenhood" like I did at the concert with the big group in May or if I should try "Glitter and Be Gay". It used to be my best piece but that was before I had a baby 6 months ago. Hopefully, I'll be going up again next year either with The Reminiscents or Chalis. Lastly, The Reminiscents have a terrific gig in Columbus. I'm so excited about getting to really put on our show. We've worked so hard!

No comments: